Best of Valencia 1 Day Itinerary Before Your Ibiza Ferry
Welcome to Valencia, Spain’s third-largest and vibrant city on the east coast full of history, arts and charm. If you’re in Valencia on a brief stopover from Madrid or awaiting your ferry to the Balearic Islands, take advantage of this 1 Day in Valencia Itinerary to explore historical landmarks, dive into local cuisine, and relax on one Valencia’s spectacular beaches for a memorable Mediterranean day in Valencia that will have you longing to revisit.
As you’ll notice from the tips throughout, this Valencia itinerary is intentionally written for the first time Valencia solo traveler and/or older traveler (I am over 50 and have been traveling solo FOREVER). Yet, anyone can use this travel itinerary and guide it to plan and book the perfect day in Valencia.
Like this? Share it with others!
All You Need to Book 1 Day in Valencia
Here are all of the sites you need to successfully book this perfect day alone in Valencia, Spain.
I even give you my suggested Valencia hotel as a budget friendly and centrally-located stay in Valencia’s Cuitat Vella, an ideal location for one day in Valencia solo travel while awaiting your Valencia to Ibiza ferry.
I recommend you bookmark and use these sites early to lock in your Valencia day itinerary and get the best Valencia travel deals.
Spain Solo Travel Guide
If you need more Spain travel tips to supplement your Valencia solo travel planning, consult my ultimate Spain Solo Travel Guide full of tips on culture, entry requirements, currency, tipping, using electronics, safety, and a lot more to plan solo travel in Spain.
Book Your Flight to Valencia Early to Save Money
Trainline has Cheap Train and Bus Tickets
Valencia Travel Packing Essentials
Here some travel essentials ideal to making your solo travel in Spain easier, if not more eco-friendly.
More International Travel Tips
- 10 Must Know Planning Tips for First-Time International Travel
- 6 Tips on How to Avoid Airport Lines
- Five Easy Tips for the Novice International Traveler
- How to Travel Carry-On Only
- Why Learning a Language Improves International Travel
Top Tips for This Valencia 1 Day Itinerary
- This itinerary assumes staying in the vicinity of my suggested Valencia hotel in Valencia’s Cuitat Vella.
- This 1 day itinerary is best if arriving Valencia the night before or by 10am the day of arrival.
- Travel in the shoulder season for good weather and long daylight hours, less tourists, and lower costs.
- Most of this itinerary is covered by walking in Valencia, which is flat and consisting of concrete and cobblestones. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Additionally, there will be options for riding the Hop On Hop Off Bus, to see more of Valencia, and taking a sunset cruise.
- Dress in layers to allow for different outdoor activities and changes in weather if traveling Valencia in the shoulder or low seasons.
Reserve in Valencia City Center Early for the Best Deal
1 Day in Valencia Itinerary
How to absorb as much of Valencia in 1 day? Here is how I spent an incredible day in Valencia with alternate options if they better suit your tastes. With such a limited time, always check entry admission times and days, and do all tour bookings, in advance.
Embark on a self-guided Cuitat Vella walking tour, taking in the beautiful architecture of Plaça de l’Ajuntament and seeing the historic La Lonja de la Seda de Valencia (Silk Exchange), Tribunal de las Aguas (Water Tribunal) and the Fallas – a combined UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Església de Sant Joan del Mercat.
- Optional: If you don’t feel like self-guided walking, you can choose a 2-hour World Heritage Site Walking Tour.
Take a break from site seeing for local cuisine. Grab a bite to go at Mercado Central de Valencia if you want to keep moving, or relax at an outdoor restaurant of your choice for a leisurely, late lunch.
Once rested, walk to the closest Hop On Hop Off Bus stop in Cuitat Vella for an open-rooftop ride to see more of Valencia while making your way to Valencia’s marina and expansive coastline.
Get off at the port stop for a short walk to the beach that stretches as far as the eye can see. Spend a few hours doing whatever you want: walk along the Passeig de Neptú, relax on the beach, or pop into the Marina Beach Club for a cocktail, music and incredible beach views.
The sun may be setting or you’re getting hungry again, leave the beach area to grab the last Hop On Hop Off Bus port pick up back to Ciutat Vella for a night of fresh paella and sangria at a restaurant of your choosing.
- Optional: If you wish to remain longer at the beach, consider taking a 1-hour sunset boat ride with cocktail from the Valencia Marina (Uber back if you miss the bus).
- Optional: If you want some company for dinner on your Valencia solo travel in Cuitat Vella, consider a paella cooking class with dinner, a 10-tasting food tour with a local, or a tapas and drinks tour.
Best Things to Do in Valencia in 1 Day
Start Planning Your Valencia Day Budget
Let Me Hear From You
I would love to hear if this 1 day in Valencia solo travel guide and itinerary was helpful to you. Post me your thoughts or questions in the Comments section below. Thank you!